TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Guyana Super Pit Discovery, page-139

1. 1,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    The simple reason why there is no super-pit is that you have strike length but not enough width. You cannot go down deep enough because the pit design will then increase the waste to ore ratio and make resources uneconomic. If you have 50m width you are able to go way deeper. What seems to be there at Ohio Creek is a very small deposit tonnage wise but seems to have bonanza grades. And that makes it so special. You have lots of gold but no tonnage, no need for a large plant. The plant can handle it. And if that deposit is like the others in Guyana that means you have your multi-million ounce potential in a high grade underground mine similar in economics to Red Lake. That would imply not going one but two orders of magnitude higher.

I am just concentrating on the open-pit potential for now. I am definitely not selling a single share. The irony is that Troy attempted to become a multi-mine intermediate miner and failed spectacularly. Now that Troy has all the right people back in place again (guys content with Troy being just a small junior miner and who have proven to be able to weather a storm if needed) the company might be catapulted into intermediate status. Sometimes you need to be lucky. When you are lucky you need to be able to make the most out of it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.