TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Guyana Super Pit Discovery, page-211

1. 1,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    The Omai mine extracted high grade ore, to my understanding higher than Smarts/Hicks. The 1.4 g/t figure is somewhat misleading, what they had was an area of high grade veins and waste inbetween with a width of maybe 50m. The only thing they could do was bulk-mine it and so the grade was 1.4 g/t.

Seems there is something similar at depth of Ohio Creek. The mineralized intersections seem to be equal to 4.5 g/t over 20m. True width is still unknown as long as the dip of the deposit is unknown. I assumed the worst case, -90 degree which would mean at -55 degree drill angle 12m true width. But if the deposit has -80 to -75 degree dip true width could be 16m. That compares very favourably with Smarts and Hicks. Grades seem to be way higher closer to surface, I think overall grade could vary between 9 and 4.5 g/t with the wide true width meaning favorable economics regarding strip ratio etc. on top of the grade.

So I assume they have found more than 400k ounces at one of the highest grades for an open-pit mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.