TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

The Omai mine extracted high grade ore, to my understanding...

1. 1,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    The Omai mine extracted high grade ore, to my understanding higher than Smarts/Hicks. The 1.4 g/t figure is somewhat misleading, what they had was an area of high grade veins and waste inbetween with a width of maybe 50m. The only thing they could do was bulk-mine it and so the grade was 1.4 g/t.

Seems there is something similar at depth of Ohio Creek. The mineralized intersections seem to be equal to 4.5 g/t over 20m. True width is still unknown as long as the dip of the deposit is unknown. I assumed the worst case, -90 degree which would mean at -55 degree drill angle 12m true width. But if the deposit has -80 to -75 degree dip true width could be 16m. That compares very favourably with Smarts and Hicks. Grades seem to be way higher closer to surface, I think overall grade could vary between 9 and 4.5 g/t with the wide true width meaning favorable economics regarding strip ratio etc. on top of the grade.

So I assume they have found more than 400k ounces at one of the highest grades for an open-pit mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.