TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Guyana Super Pit Discovery, page-213

1. 4,326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2615
    kojak - given that the Karouni plant currently can only handle less than 25% of the material that the Omai plant could handle would it not make sense for Troy to do as you suggested they do and not look to bulk-mine but rather to selectively mine areas of high grade material?

If Troy can have a run of a couple of quarters where because of the high grade material from Ohio Creek they are producing two or three times the gold that they have been able to process from Hicks and Smarts they will quickly build up a war chest to allow them to move onto the other prospects at Karouni.

As it happens Rameilus recently made a similar decision at their Edna May mine: they had a choice of a high volume low grade operation or a much smaller low volume high grade operation and decided to go with the latter option. Unlike Troy, they actually already have a decent sized plant at Edna May and so are looking to acquire higher grade material in other tenements in the region to truck to the plant.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.