LYC 0.00% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

gwg up 57 %, page-9

1. y39
    318 Posts.
    JL on great western-both side of the fence or where the wind blows? Draw your own conclusions.

Jul 22, 2010

JL: “I want to make a point about the overlooking of the demand driver which can be described as the critical need for higher atomic numbered rare earths for the most important segment of the rare earth end-using industry, the manufacturing of rare earth permanent magnets.
    Yesterday I bought the first shares of a publicly listed company that I have bought in 41 years-yes, you heard me correctly, 41 years. I bought 25,000 shares of Canada's Great Western Minerals Group at (USD$) 0.175. Why did I do that?”

June 19, 2012

JL: “The people at Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. tell me the company's South African mine will be in production in less than 24 months, and it will produce 34 t of dysprosium per year. This is from one of the richest REE deposits on earth. The ore ranges from 18–21% total REEs, but it doesn't have very much of it, and it doesn't have very much dysprosium. The 34 tons per year (t/a) is enough for internal consumption. It's not being sold into the market. It is being transferred internally to the company's Less Common Metals division in Great Britain, where it will be made into dysprosium-enhanced neodymium iron boron magnets.”
    http://www.mining.com/the-only-five-rare-earth-elements-that-matter-jack-lifton/

July 9, 2013

JL: “I have been saying from day one—total vertical integration is not possible. Now that doesn't mean that there weren't companies like Great Western Minerals Group Ltd. (GWG:TSX.V;GWMGF:OTCQX)) or even Molycorp Inc. (MCP:NYSE), that weren't attempting to do this by mergers and acquisitions. Great Western, for example, acquired what was an existing high-technology company, Less Common Metals Ltd. of Great Britain, which was already in the rare earth magnet alloy market making a profit. What Great Western did with Less Common Metals was an example of sensible vertical integration. However, when companies started trying to get into these technology-enabled end products on their own, this was just silly.
    Companies should have been looking at each step of the process required to produce a sellable product. They needed to understand a multi-step value chain. For example, if they are able to concentrate the REE ores, what do they do with the ore concentrate? How will the company get from the ore concentrate to some kind of chemical solution or solid form that it can then further process? With the REEs, the first step to create a bulk concentrate is not much of an accomplishment. The real problem in REE processing is separation—and that is the issue that most REE juniors have not solved in a cost effective way.”

http://www.resourceinvestor.com/2013/07/09/a-radical-solution-for-the-rare-earth-supply-crunc?t=rare-earth-metals&page=3

Lynas is a different business, related by industry, defined entirely different.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.47 $6.48 $6.34 $20.28M 3.161M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 12848 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 17965 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.