GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

GXY...anyone has info on Redflow or 1414 Degrees, page-20

1. AOF
    2,144 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 720
    Hi 'denisd'

You've just answered your own question there ie, "can't just believe these new" innovations and the guys behind it because they would ( obviously ) want to convince everyone on their products superiority"

The other thing you need to consider about 1414-Degrees technology is that it would rely upon sourcing heat from a very large Solar-Furnace array similar to that used by existing 'Molten Salt' technology installations eg, see the "How it Works" tab at this link, http://www.solarreserve.com/en/technology/molten-salt-tower-receiver

As you can see from the photo, whilst their 1414-Degrees crucible of molten Silica "might" (might) approximate the size of a single Tesla Lithium Powerwall, the necessary "Heliostat Array" required to focus the bright suns hot rays onto their "Silica Target" is a VERY, VERY, VERY LARGE installation indeed...!

Typically these very large Heliostats are located in dry "sunny" desert environments which means that you then also need to factor in the costs of building the necessary high voltage electrical "transmission" infrastructure required to get the generated power from there, to the point where it will actually be used.

So I guess the bottom line of what I'm trying to say here 'denisd' is that whilst 1414-Degrees technology might have "a place" in one niche part, of the 'future' renewables energy mix, it is a very, very different animal indeed, to the vast array of energy storage options that are 'already' being offered by Lithium batteries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.