GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

GXY IS UNDERVALUED, page-24

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    This is going to be so incredibly difficult to explain for me, but keeping it simple, Galaxy was always focussed on a modular process at Sal De Vida. This doesn't mean 25,000 tonnes off the bat, but perhaps something more measured such as 3,000 to 5,000 tonnes per annum which smooths out the cost of commencing and expanding production.
    Direct extraction processes have come a long way. I know that @Sjlasx has done an incredible amount of research, and the research that I have done indicates that the ponds for Galaxy are probably not going to be needed. The pond process is focussed predominantly on removal of impurities, in which case having low impurity brine indicates the potential that Galaxy only only need to identify how to concentrate the brine without solar evaporation. The company has announced their plans to use solar and batteries which to me sounds like they will as @airconditioner has pointed out with his boiling kettles humour that this is probably the ideal path for Sal De Vida to get into production sooner and with perhaps far less effort.
    Weather issues have been a problem, boiling a few kettles to concentrate the brine is far more efficient and effective than hoping that every day of the year that the weather work to out favour. It's more about derisking the asset and also another thing to consider is for a direct extraction around those numbers, how does it fare to one that is so entirely reliant on the weather?
    Livent have indicated in the global Lithium Podcast that they recognise that if they do not move towards a direct extraction process that the cap for Fenix is around 60,000tpa. I've speculated that perhaps Galaxy and Livent are working in conjunction on such a process that they can mutually benefit from.
    Also, the fact that Livent have not invested outside of the Salar Del Hombre Meurto meanwhile providing various value adds to the community.
    Well do I really need to go on?
    It's all pretty obvious what is likely to be occuring at Sal De Vida, we are not far from finding out more about that either.
    Last edited by Thesi: 08/10/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.