LPD 50.0% 0.3¢ lepidico ltd

GXY Relationship, page-3

1. 2,237 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4001
    Whenever there is a trading halt, it is important to consider the stated reason in the announcement. In this case, it is

"...regarding the sale of a package of tenements located on the northern area of the Salar del Hombre Muerto in Argentina to POSCO."

I haven't followed the transaction very closely, but my understanding is that the funds have been in escrow for months now and the POSCO board approved the transaction awhile back.

The most likely scenario, then, is the halt is required while the Argentinian government handles the transfer paperwork and the funds are released from escrow. While this may seem run-of-the-mill and ordinary, it is still a market sensitive action when it involves a sum of about 1/3rd the current market cap of the company. As such, there's plenty of justification to call a trading halt even though there really won't be anything new for holders.

No other phrases have been included in the reason. For example, if a takeover offer had been received, it should include the phrase "a potential control transaction" or thereabouts. It is possible that one could be received anyway, but highly unlikely.

That something has gone pear shaped is also possible, but I doubt it. I would say there is an equal likelihood of the transaction having fallen through as there being a takeover offer; that is to say I don't think there is a large chance of either.

Its reasonable to expect an update on their partner search, and another slim chance they announce they have chosen a partner. Any form of update is pretty likely, announcing a partner isn't in my view.

Thats about all I can think of. My money would be on nothing new other than a possible update on the partner search.

If a takeover did eventuate, it would be difficult to determine the impact on LPD. Any takeover would take months and months, and how LPD fits into the new hypothetical POSCO family would depend on POSCO's view of the tech. No idea there.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(50.0%)
Mkt cap ! $25.76M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $7.468K 3.561M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
168 195684971 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 118281350 55
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.