GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

GXY Trading, page-270

1. 753 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 333
    Yep, I hear ya...though I don't believe in evil ; ) just ruthless human greed and invested interest (theirs, mine and yours). This 'revolution' along with many others could have happened many many years ago. Look at what happened to Tesla - the actual Nikola Tesla. GM came out with an electrical vehicle years ago also, which they promptly crushed when the consequences became clear to their business model. The 1000 hour light globe is now a known conspiracy that was concocted by a cartel of light globe producers. There are many many more examples. I think Elon Musk was well aware of all of this when he named his company Tesla. He is a visionary that is willing to risk it all...me not so much, but willing to take a hefty punt on the inevitability of change. Built in obsolescence is the backbone of capitalism where we all need to keep buying the new one in order for greater profits and growth. Of course there can be obsolescence built into an electric car but not nearly in the same way, or as easily as with ICE. I don't know what is going on but I know who is holding the draw pin and they won't let it go until they see the easiest and most profits for themselves. We like to think we know the world and how things work, but I'd like to suggest it is a hell of a lot murkier than we give it credit for...VW executive was just sentenced to prison time in the USA for that little scandal. And that's what one company is willing to do to protect its market share over what is a relatively small deal compared to changing the whole apparatus of how energy is produced and sold...and who gets the profits. Sure, this is the stock market and there is no room for idealism...and yet I find myself investing idealistically. I'd rather follow the Tesla's and the Musks than the VW and hope that change is unavoidable at the end of the day and that the people with real money have to eventually wake up to this and get on board. In the meantime, prepare for a f*&^ load more of tree shaking and the like. The public won't wake up to it until there are ads on their screens for cheap, convenient EV. This will take time. Won't happen next year or probably for at least another 5, but they are wild guesses. Also, capitalism is a ponzi scheme. It's good to keep this in mind when capitalisms irrational need for unending and infinite growth comes up against a finite planet that is approaching 8 billion people and is fuelled by debt and future growth projections. None of this is happening in the real world where the sun rises and the birds sing. I just wish we couldn't sell and buy shares so quickly...we become our own worst enemy when we do this if we are interested in anything else but a quick profit. Their 'evil' is our own and that is the hardest thing to recognise. Ok, take your best shot if you read all this! ; )

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.