GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

GXY Trading, page-273

1. 3,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3636
    Hmmm, Big Oil is more likely to simply buy up the lithium miners, etc if they were that concerned. No I suggest it is all a little more mundane. First the buying dried up for a few days, then the profit takers moved to protect their profits and the risk averse sold off and those in search of higher gain (risk takers) moving to co and more junior li plays, then the shorters came back on the weakness.

Why? Well:
    1. Oz Li mainly sells to China which is right beside N Korea which is looking decidedly risky right now, and China is looking like it is having a bit of a growth wind back, and Xi just got re-elected so now he can afford to move in hard on econ damaging policies for a bit - like debt clean up.
    2. Oz Li also sells to S K which is too close to NK, so risky
    3. Oz Li also sells to Japan which is too close to NK, so risky and honda and a couple of others who really like hydrogen are working with the new CSIRO hydrogen as ammonia storage/transport/conversion tech (using filters not electricity to free the hydrogen on demand to power batteries) which has suddenly made hydrogen fuel cells a little interesting again... li life span might be at risk of reducing.
    4. Other lithium sells to the US which means Tesla in the popular imagination, which has just failed to meet production targets by a huge margin and is looking financially shaky again.... so risky.
    5. GXY have not released the 2018 contract numbers yet so the Oz market is waiting for the pricing lead.. so risky.
    6. Add the geo-political climate, the local & US political climates and the fact that this year has broken all the share market cycles that said it should have gone down in Oct/Nov...uh, risky.
    7. I'm sure there is something in Europe that we have to worry about too but I can't think what it is...but risky.

So I say it is early December jitters, and if nothing bad happens over the next few days, and GXY release some numbers, and ppl start feeling a little more Christmassy, then it will bounce up for one more orgasm of greed before the cycles really do catch up with us.

At this point the whole box and dice is really dependent on Chinese Government policy. If it changes, or causes a drop in car purchases, the values will all be wrong in the near term.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.