GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Hey all! If this has already been mentioned I apologise in...

1. 322 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Hey all!

If this has already been mentioned I apologise in advance....

I wonder if this has anything to do with the announcement from Toyota about building a renewables and hydrogen plant http://www.smh.com.au/business/ener...gen-and-renewables-plant-20171204-gzycr9.html

Given hydrogen as a fuel has the potential to replace petrol and render EVs less attractive (in that filling time would be substantially less based on current delivery systems....), I would propose this news has the potential to disrupt the EV market.... Or at least disrupt the level of interest perhaps....

Same sort of thing happened when there was that announcement about scraping up millions of tonnes of earth and sending it to China for processing... I can't remember the name of that process... But it DID spook the market big time!!!

I admittedly know very little about hydrogen powered vehicles.... But as Joe Public, if I can take my car to the servo and fill up with hydrogen like I always did with petrol in minutes, it would make much more sense than taking 10, 15, 20 minutes or longer to charge my EV..... And the environmental impact would be awesome too as burning hydrogen has no emmissions other than water (if my high school chemistry is still correct in my memory!!!)

So..... If I'm thinking this has the potential to challenge lithium producers (like the dirt skimming thing did), then wouldn't that cause selling pressure....? I know the lithium space is more than EV's...... But I would suggest that EV's are the highest profile end-products....

So if you tell me that a miner will go to all the trouble to build mines, but then have demand for it's end product lessened, I guess I'd be concerned.....

Just my two pennies worth anyways!

Kind regards.

J.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.