we are an odd animal - at least I think we're odd -...

1. 80,473 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    we are an odd animal - at least I think we're odd - comparatively and overall.

I sort of fear that we won't get to know just how fully odd we are - because I think we'll pass from being fully human in the next half century/century to being cyborg

my guess is that once we're there with some sort of thinking aids etc - then, we'll never understand who we really were.

(and, yes - I'm serious).

If one looks at what we are learning about ourselves recently - we are learning things that really astound us - that we really never thought that would be so about ourselves -

a really good example would be how we have more or less the same calorie usage per day - whether we are hunter gatherers or if we are office workers -- we got a real 'who woulda thought' moment there.

I suggest that we have barely scratched the surface on our knowledge or our physiology, behavior and many other facets of being human - let alone what sort of genes we've got switched off but ready to be switched on if necessary.

look at a couple of things - and, this is just a couple that we are just discovering

"Meanwhile, studies have found that increasing water intake can lead to greater weight and fat loss than dieting alone. Overweight and obese adults were assigned a reduced calorie diet where one group was required to drink 500ml of water prior to every meal and the other group had no fluid consumption requirements. At the end of 12 weeks, the water drinkers were found to have a 44% greater rate of weight loss!"

why didn't anyone tell me that years ago???????

https://inbodyusa.com/blogs/inbodyblog/how-dehydration-affects-your-body-composition/

just for those who have missed the news on calorie burn between cavemen and computermen

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/sci...ht-you-must-reduce-your-food-intake-1.2979398

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.