had to laugh

1. 9,457 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 334
    Page 27 in today's Adelaide Advertiser,has a developer offering potential buyers 10,000 cash,or a new Hynudai,and says he hopes the incentives will attract a buyer,as the market has been a little qiuet.The house price is $345,000 in Osbourne.It's the old ''make them feel like they got something for nothing deal".Same as the FHG really.Why doesnt he just drop the price by 10,000?
    Same article another says they have started handing out ''buyers bags'' at open inspections.They include a property investment magazine,a real estate book and DVD,bottled water,lollies,stationery and balloons for children.
    The agent says the response from the buyers has been ''overwhelming''.So a buyer is going to be''overwhelmed'',by getting a free rubber(pardon the pun).Now maybe the children would be happy to get some lollies,but the buyer,lol.To me this is insulting,and I cant wait for a sausage sizzle next.Sometimes if you try to hard,it makes it look more desperate,and people actually start to wonder why your doing this.
    Another agent goes onto say bundling property with other assets to get a sale might be wishful thinking.He says the market is price driven.He's spot on,because a friend of mine(agent) was trying to do this when trying to sell the dog box apartments in Port Adelaide.(again a lot more than 2% price drops Kinny).Even a zero on the end wont do.Geez,even some high profile Adelaidians got sucked in there.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.