Pilgrimage to Mecca is the fifth pillar of Islam. It is...

1. 1,582 Posts.
    Pilgrimage to Mecca is the fifth pillar of Islam. It is obligatory once in a lifetime for every sane adult Muslim if he is able to do so, that is, if he has the financial and health ability to perform this duty.

the difficulties that the pilgrims encounter. There are natural causes of death, not just high temperatures.

The wisdom of Allaah dictates that the rituals should be performed in that land where there is little vegetation, and which is very hot, for great reasons, one of which may be so that Allaah may distinguish His slaves from one another, for no one responds to the call of truth except one who is sincere in his intentions towards his Lord.

We should realize that these difficulties do not prevent the Muslim from performing this act of worship which Allaah has enjoined in His Book and on the lips of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) has told us that the reward will be commensurate with the degree of difficulty; the more difficult it is, the greater the reward will be.

From the Quran, we learn that Prophet Ibrahim called mankind to Hajj, and the same was done by Prophet Muhammad. peace be upon him

If you are young and healthy, there is not much difficulty as you will be able to walk and stress yourself in so many people, walking, praying, short of sleep, short of rest. Etc. If you are spending money you will get luxury coach, with AC, your stay in AC rooms, tent etc. No stress except hectic schedule. Time will be short and virtue will be great to grab the benefits. It is a great experience. I wish i could do it again, although i have done 3 times, Alhamdo Lilla, (once on foot all the way from Haram i Makkah to Minh, mazalfa, Arafat's to Makkah. Alhamdo Lilla

Why do Muslims perform the Journey of Hajj?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.