Halal certifier Mohamed El-Mouelhy sues anti-halal campaigner Kirralie Smith for defamation, page-17

1. 46,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    LOL Halal certification is not a govt thing. Its voluntary and it’s the business community that opt for halal certification so that it has access to the lucrative Muslim markets around the globe. if they had to certify separately those for the Muslim market all costs would go up and if the preferred option of those crapping on about the certification was adopted, that is, no certification it would smash Australian businesses and jobs and consumers would have to pay more because company profits would fall. My only concern with Halal is in respect to the meat market if it means animals unduly suffer because of the process.

If certification is a turnoff for a minority of anti Muslim consumers (One Nation)I am certain that business will accommodate your desire but you will have to pay through the nose because of the lack of the economies of scale. Its when I read the crap from the One Nation nitwits on issues like this that indicates to me they are not the full quid.

"The Department of Industry and Science said the ability of businesses to demonstrate attributes of food products through certification processes such as kosher, halal, and organic was important to help Australian producers expand into emerging Asian and Middle East markets, which would have a flow on effect on local jobs.
    “Obtaining halal certification is a voluntary third-party certification that businesses undertake at their choosing, usually to promote the attributes of their food products and to access new growth opportunities in export markets,” it said.”

https://newmatilda.com/2015/08/19/h...-jobs-and-not-tax-says-government-department/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.