SDL 0.00% 0.6¢ sundance resources limited

half the cat is out of the bag me thinks...., page-34

1. 3,910 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    Hi westcott,

I don't write legal contracts and conventions for a living so 'sunset clause' may not be technically correct.

The Cameroon Government has certain rights of review re the Convention upon the 18 month mark being hit if certain progress hasn't been made.

From memory that progress was tied to construction starting etc.

If you remember reading about the 18 month time period then you understand what I was talking about.

These kinds of things are written into contracts and Conventions so that the entity issuing the right retains control over being able to withdraw the right if the required progress hasn't been made.

Surely Jill Thomas would have to know about this.

Ask for a full PDF copy of the Convention if you want to see exactly what's written in it.

I'm not saying the Cameroon Government would tear up the Convention, I'm saying that the Cameroon Government has certain rights that it could possibly exercise if certain thresholds aren't met by SDL.

It's written in the Convention so it would pay to at least give it thought. These things aren't inserted into documents for the fun of it.

Shareholders and those interested in the stock should be aware of these things as they present possible risks.

There has been numerous posts on here discussing this issue.

I guess it's all good and well to say the Cameroon Government wouldn't exercise it's rights re the Convention because SDL says a deal is so close.

A question though, how many years has SDL has been saying that a funding deal is close? Would have to be since 2010/11 I'd say.

Good luck!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.