JHC 0.00% $1.40 japara healthcare limited

Dose Japara issue any statement regarding this incident? This is...

1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Dose Japara issue any statement regarding this incident?

This is the first time I heard about it and just watched the video. This is shocking but Im not surprised at all. This will not be an isolated issue concerning JHC only. It is an industry wide problem. I have no idea how a company could address this problem, a nursing home can to training for staff about elderly abuse all day long, but I feel its more down to the individuals.

A blacklist of these offenders will be good, but i guess the police checks took care of that already.

It definitely requires specific education and skills to work in aged care, especially dementia specific units, but the sad reality is most of the carers dose not have adequate skill set (communication/behaviour management) to care for elderly with dementia. Care staff burn out is another issue. It is physically/emotionally draining job. Imagine you dealing with 30 people with dementia day in day out, feed them, clean up the poop/urine/vomit for 8-10 hours a day and get paid 20 dollars an hour. Most people will quit as soon as the opportunity arises. The ones that stayed in the job are either really caring (these are the carers you need in a facility and I have seem many) or has no where better to go (high chance of lashing out at residents). Nursing home can increase pays to retain good staff, but then we all know it is highly unlikely to happen. Profits!!!

Anyways that's my spew~~I won't panic and dump my JHC shares because of this incident. Im sure as a big group like Japara, quality of care is as important as profit if not more. After all, how else would you attract people to live at your facility and pay you. The private aged cares already have better infrastructure than not-for-profit ones, what they need to do better is invest in the staff, look after them. I personally haven't heard anything bad about Japara but I have many friends working in Regis that don't feel supported at all there. If the staff are not happy, the residents certainly won't be. Hence I bought JHC.
    Last edited by frostmourn: 24/02/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add JHC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.