NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

half yearly accounts eps crashed 50plus pc yoy, page-33

1. 13,119 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2769
    Hi snider,
    Yes alittle disappointing not to bag that increase but with the result both financial and production i wouldnt buy the company from the long side...........most media seems to report it that it was a beat, i c morningstar said they beat and that it was priced for pessimism, that makes me laugh as there are plenty of posts on morningstar recommendations from 2012 and their target was 36 from memory..........

Market is an emotional place and the comments and carrots of more production and rising divs seemed to have got it going, ive heard all those things for over five years, and the results and share price reflect reality

Markets in a frenzie, so i dont get involved, just have to see how long the fear of missing out goes for, its obviously very strong ATM with valuations very very high in a low growth environment

as per the chart a few weeks ago, weekly chart looking bullish with higher closes, monthly also looks to have turned up, so technical traders have the floor it appears, if ncm released this result three or four months ago, itcertainly would not be here, its just wild sentiment accross everything, bound to be more trades in it, for me though i dont fall for this more divs and more production coming as they have not delivered, these rallies in ncm based on the same ideas, , sentiment often changes...

Gold price back below the 200 dma, pog aud up on the week but brent price / aud continuing to crimp margins......so its back to production, they need to really exceed thier own forecast to increase eps in the second half as POG AUD is below first half and brent price in aud well above last Half

If the markets continue to pop then maybe back up to the 100 dma for short term traders, but lets see what happens now Chinese are away for the week

People are always negative on HC if you post anything thats not supportive of the long side, that the way it is and thats where everyone is atm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.