EWC 12.5% 0.9¢ energy world corporation ltd

Shamish I think you attempt to belittle my coments but,,, the...

1. 270 Posts.
    Shamish
    I think you attempt to belittle my coments but,,, the quantum of his wealth is the factor that I was highlighting..... "prodigously wealthy" ... not a problem per se but it puts him in rarefied company, relatively few australians have sharemarket holdings of several billion dollars. Just a comment that it would be reasonable to expect him to sell a portion of any such holding and turn paper money into cash and as such this in and of itself constitutes an overhang in the market. It is my general observation that such parcels usually make it onto the market at a discount as they are put through as "specials"
    (I just read that..... maybe I shoulda bin a lawyer eh)

My worry is not that "they won't like him selling" merely that the argument of overhangs is one of "why buy now when tomorrow they will be cheaper" Buying on market is expensive due to the fact that building a substantial stake on market will move the price higher. If we are talking of insto's it usually constitutes a significant holding otherwise it's just not worth their while. Better to wait as if (deemed likely... see prodigous wealth comment) and when SE wants to shift some of his stake it will not be on market but will be at an agreed price (usually a discount to the prevailing market) to just such a deep pocketed buyer as an insto. Until such time it's just not worth an insto's time.
    This is not an argument I wish to have with anyone on this subject it's just my observations make of them what you will. But on first blush this company is EXTRAORDINARY in having a CEO MD & Chairman also owning roughly 50% of the issued capital (though RWD comes close from memory)
    Being at the mercy of one individual goes beyond health issues, (but all encouraging comments made here are appreciated) and is something that we might expect to see some serious runs on the board before those with deeper pockets than can be found in the retail sector, ie insto's, will risk.
    Thanks for your comments Mont as you're telling me exactly what I want to hear, those quasi insto's (Packer et al sponsored funds) which have more aggressive mandates than the "true insto's" like what they see. These are just the ealy movers that you want to buy with. Excellent.

Now,,, BUY,,,,,,,before the next meeting or after, and those runs on the board?? great to hear encouraging comments re progress with sources of such progress included..... opinion or otherwise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EWC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.