TLS 2.19% $3.73 telstra group limited

half yearly report and its negative impact, page-32

1. 1,752 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi guys.

March09 said:
    "statement re fall when exdiv was in context of claim by bvw1705 that TLS sp would fall when interim results announced.
    I was simply saying that only likely fall is re ex div."

As far as I know i did not say that shares would fall when the results are announced.

I believe I said that the TLS SP is likely to fall somewhat when it goes ex div.

This is pretty normal for most share unless they are in strong uptrend.

If the SP looses in value less than dividend amount, that is normally interpreted as positive for the SP. Even more positive indicator is when SP does not fall or goes up a bit more.

I guess I am not telling you anything new here, it is just a common sense really.

I have said about two weeks ago that TLS was sitting on 40 day simple moving average line and unless it moved up soon it could breach the 40SMA line. That could be negative sign from my experience.
    So I am happy to report that even thou the SP briefly dipped below , thanks to the positive impetus in last few trading days the SP in back in positive territory with some room to maneuver, a bit above the 40SMA line.

I am positive on TLS and have been a buyer last few days, as I continue unloading another (disappointing) investment.

As far as I am concerned, Telstra exceeds the investment objectives I have set for the investment portfolio of my SMSF.

Having said that, it is widely expected that the forthcoming profit results will be bellow the previous (6month ago) figures. Telstra has been updating the market properly and so it should not come as a surprise to anyone unless they spent last 6 month holidaying in another galaxy.

My opinion is that this has been fully reflected in SP already and should not create any panic selling by disgruntled investors.

Certainly last few days have been encouraging and Future Fund loss is our gain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.73
Change
0.080(2.19%)
Mkt cap ! $43.09B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.73 $3.78 $3.71 $115.9M 30.99M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 64775 $3.73

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.74 590435 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.