LYC 2.73% $6.40 lynas rare earths limited

halting shipments to japan of so-called ree, page-2

1. 11,745 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 583
    How often are we wiser with hindsight?

My sentiment is well known as a bull on REE, so please do take that into account.

However I think today we saw just a tiny peek at something relatively insignificant in the whole REE take-up worldwide story. We may have seen something which could well have given us all a precursor to things that will perhaps even surprise Mr Lifton in years to come.

Whether China did or did not threaten to stop REE exports to Japan is not my point here, my point is that on the scale of critical uses that REE has, the assistance REE provides for glass manufacturers is important for sure but not as important as many other uses. I understand as with most REE uses the actual amount is not great but you have to have it as with a myriad of other applications.

When the news of an embargo on REE was announced the Japanese glass manufactures share prices all dropped 3% and are still down following the awaited clarification on what was said. What would a run of the mill Japanese glass maker pay for a kg of REE right now? I am sure this will blow over, but not so the REE story, greater demand than supply takes time to work itself out and being around while this takes place is the REE suppliers dream. As for what price the glass maker would pay? I doubt he would bother asking as long as you could deliver.

DYOR!!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.40
Change
0.170(2.73%)
Mkt cap ! $5.982B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.34 $6.40 $6.28 $12.65M 1.991M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15037 $6.39

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.40 38814 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.