My guess is that people, who make those claims that the Charter...

1. 386 Posts.
    My guess is that people, who make those claims that the Charter calls for the destruction of Israel and the Jews who live there, are using the previous version of the Charter, the one from 1988. In that version, Hamas is less 'friendly' to Israel and the Jews, and is using a different language, full of methaphors and some ambiguities as well.

That's the version that Benny Morris must have had in his mind, imo, when he was commenting on whether Hamas wanted to exterminate Jews or not.
    You might want to see it in that clip below, it should be in the first 8-10 minutes or so (I watched it a while ago). Notice that he does NOT want to say that Hamas wants to KILL Jews and he makes it very clear to the host of the podcast.

I'm posting Benny Morris's talk to keep this debate here fair, well-ballanced and objective.
    (for those who don't know: Benny is a very well known and very good Jewish historian from Israel. He belonged or still belongs to the 'New Historians' group of history researchers in Israel, he used to be more on the Palestinians' side when he was younger, now he is leaning more towards 'right' and is pro-Israel)
    Enjoy!

Benny Morris on The Israel-Palestine Conflict | “It’s NEVER Going To End!”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.