hamas rejects ceasefire, page-31

1. 5,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    tomu,

Your opinions are too easily subverted when you allow just one side of the propaganda to influence your views.

Responses to your first post.

1. Hamas has evolved in the thirty years since its inaugural charter. The reality is that Hamas has offered negotiations as well as a very long peace if Israel withdraws to internationally negotiated borders. Israel's ongoing colonisation is rejected by a majority of UN member states. The Zionists within Israel do not accept this.

Is this rational?

2. My children are very fortunate to have been raised in a safe environment. I have no idea how I would go about raising a family in the Gaza war zone with random missile attacks, 3am supersonic visits by marauding jet fighter bombers, perpetual food shortages, impossible employment prospects, sniper surveillance, collective punishments, random house demolitions, tank invasions....... How would you teach your children resilience under these circumstances? Somehow the Palestinians in Gaza manage.

Is this rational?

3. There is no substantive evidence that Iran has nuclear weapons and hypothetical "could easily ..." scenarios do not excuse acts of murder. Once more you are falling for the propaganda.

Is this rational?

Post 2

You write, "The essential point about the Gaza conflict is not proportionality, or rockets hitting Gedera, or a humanitarian crisis in Khan Yunis, or civilian casualties. There is only one real issue: a racist, genocidal group of religious fanatics want to take over the Middle East."

Which group tomu, Hamas or Zionists? Sadly both groups fit your description.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.