XJO 1.34% 7,971.1 s&p/asx 200

Hammock Friday, page-13

1. rvm
    992 Posts.
    Hi h00ts,

With respect, I was not having a go at you - I am making a point about mass behavior. Sorry, it came out the wrong way. It's hard to convey intent clearly when typing replies.

Most are psychologically wired to take small profits in short-term and not big profits in long-term. Hence, position trading is uncommon and consensus is commonplace. People have a proclivity to buy things cheap and sell high. They are susceptible to bias shown price charts. Momentum trades and trend following involve buying high and selling higher and selling low and buying lower. Stats indicate that people hold on to losing positions longer and are more concerned about getting trades right than making money. A lot of traders I know, know in their hearts what the right choices are, but can't push the buttons.

Trading decision depend on expectations, time horizon, risk, entry etc. I'm a position/swing trader. I think you're a day trader - I don't understand day trading and rarely make any money as day trader. So, you could be right. Good luck with your trades!

PS - as announced yesterday, I hold couple dozen 5550 shorts, but my major long-term position is long. Thumbs up for your reply!

rvm
    Last edited by rvm: 22/07/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.