XJO 0.73% 8,057.9 s&p/asx 200

Friday Morning Joe. 22 July, 2016. Bit late - but I finally made...

1. 9,427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5154
    Friday Morning Joe. 22 July, 2016. Bit late - but I finally made it.

In America:

Dow Jones -0.42%, SP500 -0.36%, Nasdaq -0.31%, NY Composite -0.32%, Russell2000 -0.49%. These were modest to moderate falls. Nothing to suggest that the sideways consolidation is over. The Three Day Candle Pattern on the DJ looks bearish, but I'd like to see a wider range than today to go all out on that dall.

NYSE NewHigh/NewLow Ratio remains bullish at 97.7%. New Lows registered just four.

SP500:

Indicators are turning down. A break below Tuesday's low would suggest at least a moderate pull-back - possibly to the first line of horizontal support. But we'll play as it comes.

Bonds Ratio:

Bonds Ratio (TNX/TYX) provides an insight into risk-on and risk-off. This session's action was bearish - hitting the 200-Day MA then reversing to finish down -1.12%. This daily candle is a bearish engulfing candle. That's not enough to definitively change the trend, but add to this the fact that Utilities was up +0.62% (best of the sectors) and Gold was up +1.52%, and we have a fairly compelling case that Risk has switched from On to OFF.

RB.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.