WGO 0.00% 35.5¢ warrego energy limited

Hancock and Haber

1. 8,535 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2797
    I posted this over on STX board.

We all read the Hancock 3rd Supp Bidders Statement, in which Hancock asked questions regarding Strikes ability to fund, construct and complete the Haber fertiliser project.

Obviously this is a takeover battle, so each party uses any ammunition it can muster.

But it occurred to me, that Hancock group has and had, huge cattle and pastoral interests.
    H had the Kidman cattle stations, which were one of the largest cattle accumulations in Aust.
    H recently sold most of those properties.
    Whilst H still has a few cattle stations, it appears that H are concentrating on the S. Kidman brands of beef product - ie up the value chain.

The point is, that H would very well understand the shortage of urea, fertiliser in Aust, would very well understand the need for Aust to produce fertilisers.

H would also be well aware of the value attached to a successful Haber Project. H would have used loads of fert on her properties.

H would have the financial resources to fund Haber, the connections and credibility to attract funders, and customers and equity partners.

So I can imagine that were H successful in acquiring a significant equity stake in WGO, that H would be very interested in talking to STX on participation in Haber.

maybe, even though H gave STX a "serve" on its ability to get Haber developed - in fact the Haber project may be one of the reasons H is interested in purchasing equity in WGO.

Later merge WGO with STX, or do a deal to supply WGO gas to Haber, in return for an interest in Haber?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.