hands off my super!!, page-4

1. 6,682 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    The answer to that Yellowcake is yes and no[and I presume you are talking about the post 60 year olds arrangements].
    At present the most tax effective way of holding assets and receiving income is thru super.
    So taking it all out is counter-productive , you will then have to pay tax on all your earnings at the non super rate.
    Any future capital gains also affected badly.

But I would agree that changes will be made.
    The party has to be over soon, pork barreling to seniors just went too far.
    However, not all has to come out.
    The trick will be to decide at what level the backlash will kick in.
    My guess is that balances under 1 million will be pretty safe, as Posborne mentions, so no point in taking that out.
    So for those with balances over 1 mill, it is a matter of doing a risk analysis on how much over that you wish to have "trapped" in an increasingly regulated environment, versus losing the benefits of the tax efficient super environment.
    Political action may well delay changes, but changes will come.
    The libs will face the same fiscal problems as labor[they'll just manage them better], and not making provision for change prior to the 2014 budget may be dangerous.

On a totally different note, one good use for money is putting some cash into your children's mortgage offset account,just make sure you can get it back.
    And be a bit suspicious when they buy you a motorbike for Xmas.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.