FMG 5.35% $20.18 fortescue ltd

hang in there

1. 3,510 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    HC Posters

On Saturday a client invited my wife and I for dinner at a very nice restaurant in Sydney.

After dinner my wife and I decided to go for a drink at a hotel at the Rocks.

I went to the bar to order drinks and close to the bar there was a table with three guys, in deep conversation. One of them looked familiar, I stared and thought were did I know him from?

It was AF, I decided to be bold and interrupted and asked if he was AF, he confirmed he was and I had a brief conversation, congratulating him on his success with FMG.

He asked if I was a shareholder and I replied I was and in fact was so confident with FMG that I held 700k in shares via a margin loan.

His exact reply was "hang in there", FMG will stay the course and I will be rewarded with my investment. I asked about further debt reductions and he said that shortly more news would be provided.

He may be a billionaire but my impression was that he was just a normal bloke and that money had not gone to his head.

I was very impressed and believe that few boards have a Chairman that actually believes as much as he does in their company.

Well done AF and thank you for the reward that I am confident I will receive if if hang on.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.18
Change
-1.140(5.35%)
Mkt cap ! $63.87B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.65 $20.83 $20.02 $158.0M 7.722M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 8529 $20.18

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.19 3423 20
View Market Depth
Last trade - 13.06pm 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.