OPT 0.82% 61.5¢ opthea limited

Hello fellow investors,In the past few weeks, I've dipped into...

1. 780 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 291
    Hello fellow investors,

In the past few weeks, I've dipped into Opthea's stocks several times, reflecting my growing confidence in its potential. The reason for my investment is rooted in the promising prospects of OPT-302, especially in the treatment of Wet Age-related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD). Here's why I believe Opthea is a solid investment:

1) Phase 2b Success: The Phase 2b trial of OPT-302 included 366 patients and achieved statistically significant results with a strong p-value of 0.0107. The trial demonstrated that the combination therapy of OPT-302 with ranibizumab led to an average gain of 14.2 letters of vision from baseline at week 24, compared to 10.8 letters in the ranibizumab alone group. This significant improvement in vision lays a solid foundation for the ongoing Phase 3 trials.

2) Expansive Phase 3 Trials: Building on the success of the Phase 2b trials, the Phase 3 trials are even more extensive, enrolling approximately 2,000 patients worldwide. This scale is not a huge leap from the Phase 2b trial and suggests a strong likelihood of replicating the earlier trial's success.

3) Goldman Sachs' Bullish Target: Goldman Sachs has set a 12-month target price of $2.80 for Opthea, a substantial increase from its current price. This target reflects the high confidence in the success of OPT302's clinical trials and its market potential

4) Opportunities for M&A and Commercialization: OPT302's combination therapy approach with existing drugs opens up significant opportunities for M&A or commercialization deals. Given its potential market, estimated at over US$8 billion, these opportunities could be substantial.

5) Sectoral Shifts: With mining stocks currently under pressure and the slowdown in the EV sector impacting commodities like lithium, investors are likely to seek new opportunities. Biotech stocks, which have been undervalued, could see an uptick as investors shift their focus. This reallocation could trigger a positive trend for stocks like Antisense, potentially squeezing short sellers and creating upward momentum.

6) Supporting a Noble Cause: Lastly, and most importantly, my investment in Opthea goes beyond financial returns; it supports a noble cause. Wet-AMD is a heart-wrenching condition, and advancements in its treatment can profoundly impact many old people lives and their families. It's an investment in hope and health. Anyway, I foresee a potential rally in OPT' stock in the near future. It's an exciting time, and I encourage fellow investors to stay tuned and join this journey of profit coupled with purpose. I may have missed out other good reasons and the long term investors may want to add here for new investors to understand.

In summary, the evidence backing Opthea's OPT 302 is compelling. From the significant results in the Phase 2b trials to the bullish outlook from financial analysts and the substantial market potential, all signs point to Opthea as a strong investment choice. With the Phase 3 trials underway, we could be on the cusp of witnessing a significant leap in the company’s value and impact in the Wet AMD treatment landscape. Keep an eye on this space, as Opthea is set to make waves in both the healthcare and investment worlds.

GLTA!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
61.5¢
Change
0.005(0.82%)
Mkt cap ! $407.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
60.5¢ 63.0¢ 60.5¢ $5.200M 8.521M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 82640 61.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.5¢ 9658 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
62.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.81 %)
Open High Low Volume
61.0¢ 62.5¢ 61.0¢ 58629
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
OPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.