TEN 0.00% 16.0¢ ten network holdings limited

hang on, page-32

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    This is what i have been hoping for (from the Sunday Tele). It's a start or 10, but have they paid too much?:

"FOX Sports has almost certainly lost the television rights to the popular Big Bash cricket tournament.

Which is a crying shame because it means no more of Jess Yates, my favourite cricket commentator, working the boundary.

Channel 10 looks certain to be broadcasting the next Big Bash on free-to-air over Christmas and the new year. Interestingly, it means Ten's Lachlan Murdoch has won the rights from the company his father, Rupert Murdoch, owns.

Fox Sports will still cover the Ashes tour of England in July-August. Cricket Australia is in the final stages of signing off on its new broadcasting agreement.

Ten has bid for all domestic cricket and the summer Test matches, but we are hearing Nine will hang on to the rights for the Tests and the international one-day matches for another five years.

Ten is desperate for live sport content, but TV industry insiders suggest the station is taking a big gamble and has paid too much money.

Fox Sports made a commercial decision to pull out when it thought the price got too high.

The BBL lost more than 20 per cent of its ratings last summer and the big-name players barely played."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TEN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.