hanging an absolute disgrace!, page-117

1. 5,800 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 96
    re: hanging an absolute disgrace! who says??? I haven't bought into this debate so far, but it amuses me that everyone gets a bit carried away with a cause that has been promoted via the media, because he's "one of ours".

But - what about all the other countried that have capital punishment, including our friend and ally, the USA? And what about the inhumane and publicly humiliating methods they use in places like Saudi Arabia (beheading in Chop Chop Square), Iran (haul 'em up with a crane with the crowd watching them struggle until they choke to death) or China (shotgun in the public stadium, aimed at whatever bits they don't need for organ donation)?

You're either on the same crusade against ALL of the above, or you should all stop being a bit hypocritical just because today's victim was an Australian.

It's much the same as when a natural disaster hits, say, Bangladesh, with thousands killed, but it's OK because there were no Aussies involved.

It's parochialism at its worst, and hypocritical to boot.

Ngyuen was a drug trafficker, guilty as admitted. Whether the punishment fitted the crime or not I won't buy into - I'm not letting on as to which side of this debate I sit.

But at least let's here all the anti-death penalty crusaders now continue to call for bans in Saudi (oops - oil, sorry), Iran (oops - wouldn't want to offend that little lot) and China (oops - major trading partner).

Just my 2 cents worth - heads or tails...? ;)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.