ASX 0.44% $67.26 asx limited

hanson and the rule of law

1. 831 Posts.
    It is indeed hypocritical if not an outright breach of the doctrine of the rule of law, that Pauline Hanson gets jailed for supposedly not having more than 5 registered members in the party whilst claiming a membership of 5,000 (from her followers who either did not or were not aware of the need to register with her) then claiming the electoral allowance from the electoral commission, then returning the money on discovering or being discovered.

Okay an offence was committed. What about the labour party and liberal party and their ghost voters, the stacking of branches and rolls by enrolling voters of an era gone by who are no longer with us?

Putting that aside, what about heffernan lying about the Judge Michael Kirkby? Whate about Howard lying about his ethenol mate? what about Wilson Tuckey obstructing the course of justice? did I hear someone say he only attempted?? he did interfere and did pervert the course of justice. But he did not get the outcome he desired. Yet he serves on the government benches as a minister of the crown.

Yes Pauline Hanson does represent a bunch of disgruntled voters and racists amongst them, but is Howard really any different? is Ruddock a receipient of the largese of Lebanese travel agents and Mr. Chong and and Mr. Wong from the Phillipines and Singapore really deserving of his freedom?? NO!!!!

The quesiton is now who will Bell the Cat. Who will prosecute?? I do not think that the enforcers of our legal system are truly independent anymore. The separation of powers is now a figment of an era gone by with no real evidence of its observance.

What went to jail yesterday as not Pauline Hanson but the whole system. Are we any better off by her being jailed?? NO, it is simply anoher nail in the coffin of a great system killed by political correctness and buried by parliament.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.