TLS 1.26% $4.03 telstra group limited

happening, page-11

1. 2,630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    The problem with owning a huge slice of the NBN is that it might not be worth anything - and certainly not anywhere near what it is likely to cost. Even if the govt expropriates lumps of Telstra for its cause the NBN will still have many features of a White Elephant.

I am old enough to remember Paul Keating musing on the subject of telecommunications in 1993 - saying that Telecom didn't belong in the public sector because of all the changes coming down the line in the world of communications and that this change meant risk and capital requirements best suited to the private sector. He was right then and the changes keep coming. Ruddcon are getting into areas they don't understand and doubtless this extraordingary $43bn project sounded like petty cash when it was announced in the heady days of the cash splashes - but in the cold light of day, I bet they wished they had kept their mouths shut.

imo - the best way to rollout superfast broadband is incrementally - as with any large and complex project. Co-incidentally, that's what Telstra is doing and had the Howard government not called a halt in 2005, it would be largely complete. Presently I enjoy 20mb broadband and unlimited download for $44 per month - which suits me fine. leave me alone Mr Rudd!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.03
Change
0.050(1.26%)
Mkt cap ! $46.56B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.98 $4.04 $3.96 $83.94M 20.90M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 10500 $4.02

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.03 109606 17
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.