MSB 3.13% 99.0¢ mesoblast limited

Now that we're all happy little campers here again, I thought it...

1. 1,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Now that we're all happy little campers here again, I thought it may be worth looking a little more closely at the salient points of the Celgene (or more precisely, Celgene Cellular Therapeutics) deal, and the broader implications for both companies. (I have taken the liberty of plagiarising some of the points made from the materials I have seen but the information is public knowledge)
    As we know, Celgene has a first right of refusal for a 6 month period over a range of products which could potentially transform their current pipeline, which is currently mainly early stage stuff (apart from wound management solutions)and a bit thin on the ground, into a substantially deeper and closer to market programme.
    Potential products and pipeline IF Celgene were to proceed to a licensing agreement with MSB.
    Product Indication Contributor Company Development Stage
    Biovance Wound management Celgene    On-market
    Extracellular matrix  Wound management Celgene FDA Review
    MSC-100-IV   Acute graft versus host disease    MSB Phase III
    MSC-100-IV    Crohn's disease    MSB Phase III
    MPC-300-IV*   Diabetic kidney nephropathy   MSB Phase II
    MPC-300-IV*   Biologic refractory rheumatoid arthritis MSB    Phase II
    PDA-001   Crohn's disease Celgene   Phase I
    PDA-002 Peripheral artery disease/diabetic foot ulcers Celgene Phase I
    UCB-HPDSC    Cord blood transplant    Celgene   Phase I
    Un-named    Various oncologic diseases MSB    Pre-clinical
    Un-named Organ transplant rejection MSB    Pre-clinical
    *Results expected during the Agreement period and which could possibly be included in any licensing agreement.

It is also pertinent to note that both companies have been involved in developing cellular therapies for over 10 years so synergies exist already. Both have a focus on inflammatory and immunological diseases and a combined portfolio of their interests and intellectual property in the manufacture of cellular therapies would pose a significant barrier to other competitors.

Whilst this deal may not be a "blockbuster" (WTF is that sort of deal anyway?) it just opens up so many potentially exciting outcomes in my humble view. Just a shame the market doesn't share my views.

It seems to my biased mind that the 7-8% of the register which is "short" ( probably closer to 20% given the actual free float) will be facing an interesting next couple of months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
99.0¢
Change
0.030(3.13%)
Mkt cap ! $1.130B
Open High Low Value Volume
96.5¢ $1.03 96.5¢ $4.704M 4.708M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 87395 98.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.00 274051 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.