I don't see it as my (or anyone else's) role to explain to you...

1. 717 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 23
    I don't see it as my (or anyone else's) role to explain to you how Covid19 vaccines were developed, trialled and released for public use. I was certainly under the impression that Donald Trump, when he was US President and since, did claim responsibility for funding and "fast-tracking" the final stages of mRNA vaccine development and approval under an "emergency" Presidential Order. I personally don't have an opinion about the legitimacy of his claim or about the process that was followed, but it does seem that countries that achieved high and early levels of vaccination (and booster shots), especially with the mRNA vaccines, did save a lot of lives and were able to "open up" earlier that those that didn't. I also suspect that it is too early to be definitive about the vaccines's overall effectiveness in moderating COV19 symptoms, transmission and death amongst the infected, especially as variants are continuing to arise and places like China are going through waves of new infections amongst the ineffectively, and un-, vaccinated populations. Overall, I think it is pretty silly for unqualified members of the public to have strong opinions about these things and that, on balance, we are better off following the advice of those who are qualified and have a track record in the relevant field. (I know that's a radical Left view right now)

I did check with other members of my local Leftist Club about this Davos business. Only a few had even heard of it and none had positive opinions (one calling it a "rich boys' club" and another assuming it was a mis-spelling of the name of the Dalek leader). So maybe it isn't a leftist thing at all and is just a distraction from the real business of redistributing income by properly taxing the millionaire and billionaire classes and nationalising key industries such as energy and banking.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.