IBG 0.00% 0.3¢ ironbark zinc ltd

Happy Days, page-17

1. 6,260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1249
    Assuming zinc prices hold, and there is every reason to believe this will now happen and in fact further increase, then IBG's day in the sun will be when the "exploitation" ( mining) license approval is issued. Not just because of the approval per se, but as well the fact that 2 major players in the zinc world, Nyrstar and Glencore have substantial holdings in IBG. As far as I can see , together its around 30%. Personally, I cant imagine that these 2 giants are going to let little ol' IBG retain control and ownership of this valuable resource once that mining approval comes through. I would think that one way or another IBG will get taken out of the equation, hopefully with a share price a multiple of what it is now.
    The inponderables at the moment are
    1. Nyrstar has declared it wants out of mining to focus on smelting and has been divesting its zinc mining assets these past couple of years. Best time to exit its shareholding in IBG would be after the mining approval is issued as I imagine plenty of buyers would then be lining up. Plus Nyrstar has been on its knees and I can't see it having the cash to contribute to the mine development
    2. Glencore as we all know has been divesting mining assets to relieve its financial position. I would think right now that they would be a bit gun-shy when it comes to taking on another base-metals mining asset
    3. The Chinese Non Ferrous Corp has already made overtures to develop the Citronen mine and assist with financing. They have deep pockets and taking out IBG as an alternative to financing/developing I would think would be a real possibility, again once that mining approval comes through.
    4. And lets not forget Trafigura, a global player, which holds a significant stake in Nyrstar , therefore has a beneficial stakeholding in IBG and seems to have deep pockets also.

So one way or another, I reckon IBG will "come into play" once this approval is issued by the Greenland government. All the hurdles and groundwork have been cleared for this approval, now just appears to be a rubber stamping process

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IBG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.584M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 27676542 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 5976876 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.18am 29/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IBG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.