happy easter, page-4

1. 37,911 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 828
    only a 'selective' reading of the words & missing most of the message. the words say:

Those who love their life in this world will lose it. Those who care nothing for their life in this world will keep it for eternity. Anyone who wants to be my disciple must follow me, because my servants must be where I am. And the Father will honor anyone who serves me."John 12:23-26

~~~~~

Jesus knew that He was going to be killed and how He was going to be killed

Jesus knew he was going to be tortured because he himself arranged for it to happen.

~~~

Probably a puzzling speech at the time. Jesus had to die and be "planted" in a tomb to rise up and produce a harvest of life everlasting to those who believed in Him.

the Gospel mostly states Jesus had to perform this miracle to "glorify" himself. in other words, he did this to give himself authority since his followers still did not yet fully believe in him.

because his followers could still not understand what is truly good, Jesus had to perform a miracle so people would fully believe in him

The New Covenant

the new covenant is more than us receiving something for doing little in return, apart from some grovelling

the new covenant included a new social perspective, i.e,, social justice

the Gospel unambiguously states you will receive nothing from Jesus if you do not follow his commandments

please keep in mind what Jesus said about the wealthy who are unwilling to engage in social justice:

Luke 6:24
    But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort.

Luke 16:19
    There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores.

“The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’

“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’

1 Timothy 6:9
    Those who want to get rich fall into temptation and a trap and into many foolish and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction.

James 2:6
    But you have dishonored the poor. Is it not the rich who are exploiting you? Are they not the ones who are dragging you into court?

James 5:1
    [ Warning to Rich Oppressors ] Now listen, you rich people, weep and wail because of the misery that is coming on you.

Mark 10:25
    It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.