AVQ 0.00% 2.5¢ axiom mining limited

hard ball

1. 42 Posts.
    http://www.islandsun.com.sb/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2815:conspiracy-claims-denied&catid=36:latest-news&Itemid=79

Conspiracy claims denied

Tuesday, 24 May 2011 13:53 BRADFORD THEONOMI

AXIOM MINING Chief Executive Officer, Ryan Mount has denied rumors of conspiracy surrounding a phone call made to Sumitomo Metal Mining (SMM) head office in Honiara. Mr. Ryan told this paper that he did rang SMM?s office to speak to the managing director.

?This is because I wanted to clarify a newspaper report in which it was reported that he claimed Axiom was involved in market manipulation.

?There is no intention of any nature that I tried to do more apart from that with him, when making that phone call.

?I wanted to give him the opportunity to explain that reported comment before I referred the matter to Sumitomo head office in Japan,? he said.

Mr Ryan said Axiom?s plans for development of the nickel deposits do not involve SMM at all - such a suggestion is just fantasy.

Axiom has a world class team to develop the project which also includes the recently announced engagement of Coffey International, one of Australia?s largest mining, environmental and engineering consulting companies, said the Chief Executive Officer.

He also stated that there are various codes and standards involved in mining.

?Since the last time the Isabel nickel deposits were significantly worked on was back in the 60?s or 70?s and certain process standards have changed; as such we clarified this on the 1st March media release.

?This is nothing out of the ordinary and is part of clarifying the standards that now exist within the mining industry.?

Managing Director of SMM Mr. Ochi has described a call made by the Axiom CEO to his office as trying to come to terms by negotiating with them.

He said Axiom?s Chief Executive Officer Mr. Ryan Mount had made a call to their office on late April wishing to speak to him personally on the phone.

?However, I refused to talk to him and told the officers to relay that I have nothing to say to him.?

Mr. Ochi said this call is nothing but a form of making a negotiation for some means to make available avenue for both to benefit by all means.

?What Axiom is trying to do is to lure for a win-win share in the nickel project, whereby they do the prospecting, which is what their capabilities are as a junior mineral explorer company.

?And sell the right to us for the development of the mining associated with mineral processing facilities.
    ?This is something that is very common in the mining industry.

?Who is Axiom any way; a mining company?They are just a so called junior mineral explorer company who can carry out only prospecting and sell the right to mining company for developing the mining; and they do not have any smelters and refineries.

Boy Sumitomo are real sore losers. They also seemed to have confirmed (in an arrogant way) that AVQ has the rights to the asset.

ekenly

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVQ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.