CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

hard questions re fund raising, page-31

1. 2,428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    Hi hotcoppserinvestor.

I thnk thats the point I am trying to make. CFU is still speculative. They are progressing and in a better position then they were 18 months ago. But those new to the board and company may see all the positive posts on this board and think its a steal of a SP and low risk..."this technology is a winner and cant lose...so many others see it the same way ..." etc etc Many are very positive and i think this is a quality board with enthusiastic holders. But perhaps a bit too much "it will happen, it has to happen...because ... it has to"

18 months ago CFU predicted by end of 2010 they would be breaking even with the sale of 3,000units. (BlueGen had not been announced so lets assume that is mCHP units)

If we are still on target for that then we are in for a great few months. But I think the reality is that whilst CFU has been de-risking their company with good solid progress. They may well be struggling to meet what is essentially their key goal for 2010...SALES!

CFU said it themselves shortly after i first got on board...
    "The key financial risk for the company is to ensure that it has adequate liquidity to continue its operations."

I am chosing to ignore talk of fund raising for growth, and specualtion that major contracts will soon be let and need to be able to meet future demand. They could be, but there isnt really anything tangible to base that on (from what I can see) The current placement is mostly to keep the doors open. Not to say its not a good time to top up or jump in to the company....but highlighting that a 3-6 month major pay back on your investment may not be realised. Again CFU have said it best themselves in the past...

"The Companys key commercial risk in its current stage of product development is the risk that appliance partners take too long to develop products, or utility customers take too long to buy products in volume."

"The Company is actively mitigating this risk ... by identifying and pursuing additional revenue streams through new products, including products that the Company can largely develop itself, with less reliance on development partners."

Hello BluGen.

And on the former...hurry up Nuon, GDF Suez, EON, or EWE and make this 'lil Aussie company a world leader!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.