HDR hardman resources limited

HDR long termers, I enjoy all the FA analysis very much, but...

1. 118 Posts.
    HDR long termers, I enjoy all the FA analysis very much, but please stop this non-sense bashing on TA and chartist...

If you don't understand about TA, spend a few bucks and get yourself a book. Here is a quote to get you started:

"There is no inherent conflict between fundamental and technical analysis. Some of the opposition to TA has been based on the FALSE assumption that TA is trying to predict future prices from past price action. This is a common MISUNDERSTANDING. The main emphasis is placed on the examination of price action to determine changes in the supply and demand balance. Most of the reasoning involved is soundly based unpon interpreting how market participants will react, based upon the positions they hold in the market. This is really just an extension of the approach used in classical economics.

The principal weakness of the fundamental approach is that it is difficult to calculate intrinsic value with any precision. FA has a flaw in that it ignores the role of psychology in the market for the finanacial instrument itself, such that FA is weak on timing, expecially in the short term. TA on the other hand is all about timing, detecing when the balance of supply and demand changes."

CB

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.