Harley Davidson wheel plant closing in South Australia, page-29

1. 6,807 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    p

Well I would say that mine is a pig on steroids being a 1800cc or 1.8ltr so it does thump away.
    Some that buy the HD want to ride it like a sports bike and just doesn't' work, when you accept this fact you do live longer.

A bit of info for those that may want to understand why the Harley sounds like it does.

A Harley engine has two pistons. The difference in the Harley engine is that the crankshaft has only one pin, and both pistons connect to it. This design, combined with the V arrangement of the cylinders, means that the pistons cannot fire at even intervals. Instead of one piston firing every 360 degrees, a Harley engine goes like this:

• A piston fires.
    • The next piston fires at 315 degrees.
    • There is a 405-degree gap.
    • A piston fires.
    • The next piston fires at 315 degrees.
    • There is a 405-degree gap.
    And the cycle continues.

Anyway back to the main story, it is a pity that this plant has closed as they did make quality wheels here.
    Better than some of Harley's chrome work that is done in China.

Harley has a good marketing program going, sales may be down but the accessories side of things are booming.

They market the bikes to add your style and this world wide.

I have been to the powertrain operations factory in Wisconsin, and if they apply the engerneering style they will succeed with the making of the wheels back in the USA.
    Harley maybe in a downturn of sales but have come back from worse situations than this.

Cheers
    Last edited by chappy58: 04/02/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.