hersuit could have used one of those devices when he was an...

1. 22,514 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    hersuit could have used one of those devices when he was an infant a year or two ago.

I talked with pediatricians during the product development stage, and discovered that babies have a habit of holding on to their mother’s breast when being breastfed. During that time, the softness and warmth of the breast along with the mother’s heartbeat give the infant a sense of security. Indeed, this is part of the process of forming an attachment with the mother. With that in mind, we designed the product to be as close as possible to the actual breastfeeding experience, paying particular attention to the feel of the materials. We equipped the nipple component with a sensor, which detects when the baby is sucking. The sensor can also be connected to an app to generate data.

could help with his incessant crying

The reason why I wanted to develop this product was simple. My older sister has a baby, and while I was spending time with her family, I noticed that when her child started crying, she was usually able to soothe and put her baby to sleep. Almost as soon as my sister started breastfeeding, the baby stopped crying and, before I knew it, fell asleep. It was wondrous to watch, and I thought it would be fantastic if a father could do the same thing. That is when I started getting the basic idea for the product.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.