Harris - Walz, page-3073

1. 23,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 179
    It will make it tough for his wife in Hollywood. He won't do it.

In January 2022, Kennedy made a speech comparing his experience as a longtime anti-vaccine conspiracist to that of Anne Frank, the Jewish teenager and diarist who died in a Nazi concentration camp after her family hid in an Amsterdam attic for two years during the Holocaust.

"Even in Hitler's Germany, you could cross the Alps to Switzerland," he said at an anti-vaccine rally in Washington, D.C. "You could hide in an attic like Anne Frank did. Today the mechanisms are being put in place so none of us can run and none of us can hide."

When asked about her husband's comparison, Hines wrote on X (formerly known as Twitter), "My husband's opinions are not a reflection of my own. While we love each other, we differ on many current issues." In a separate post, she called his statement "reprehensible and insensitive."

After the backlash from not only his wife but also from the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum and Memorial, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum and many others, Kennedy offered a mea culpa on X. "I apologize for my reference to Anne Frank, especially to families that suffered the Holocaust horrors," he wrote. "My intention was to use examples of past barbarism to show the perils from new technologies of control."

Hines, who was required to get the COVID-19 vaccine to work on the sets of Curb Your Enthusiasm and I Can See Your Voice, later told Newsweek, "It was a very emotional time. I had people saying, 'What is Bobby doing? He's making it harder for everyone.' Everybody wanted to go back to normal and they thought the only way to do that was if everyone was vaccinated. I heard from people who felt like that. One-hundred percent."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.