Harris - Walz, page-3410

1. 18,284 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 177
    @hersuit - My last word, I promise!

I am not sure what you are trying to prove - fact: women have abortions all over the world, some legal, some illegal.
    It is a problem they have to clear with their own conscience, no-one else's.

I doubt whether a man can ever imagine himself in a woman's body, beginning with a female teenager's realisation that this up-to-now so reliable and 'neat' body begins to have a mind of its own, becomes painful for a while - for some women to the point where it incapacitates them - leaks, needs to be taken care of, cleaned, causes headaches - is embarrassing, quite apart from all the confusion the awakening sexuality causes.
    . . . . and this is a preoccupation for many woman lasting well into their fifties, sometimes longer. I was one of the lucky ones, everything was simple, but from my daughters and girl friends I know, it is difficult for many;
    we are also the loving but also crying, mourning sex - life's tragedies seem so much harder to bear when female.

An unwanted pregnancy would be a horror to have to deal with, but in the last analysis - I am guessing here - it is again something to be tidied up, maybe hidden - because there was no intent. It depends on the individual woman how she views it, I would have abhorred having to have this done, even though with my last child we were financially in dire straits and the need for me to go out to work was great - I did have that baby - who turned into a wonderful child - capable of being left in care of the other two, or adults - and I did go to work from her 2nd year on.
    To have society come down like a ton of bricks, as happens in the U.S.A. on something so personal, so intimate, so painful to decide, is presumptious - it is painful enough for the woman - I have personal knowledge of this from my friends - it is never easy.
    One woman I know, had an abortion when young, because unmarried, never had children - and has turned into a middle-aged grump, worse even, disappointed, immature, unfulfilled etc.
    Something which never happens to men; men quite happily sail through life childless, possibly imagining that some of their more careless lovemaking has spawned progeny - maybe even boasting about it.

In contrast, I can imagine myself in a man's body - not an enviable thing either, when you think of the expectation we have of our menfolk - going to war, being just one of many. Bringing up a boy into a functioning young man is a task not many women (and fathers!!) achieve, hence we have so much maladjustment happening.
    Fact is: being raised for action, having a reliable body, which doesn't leak at inopportune moments, or makes you emotional, but grows muscles instead, can take part in all the adventures this wonderful world has to offer - is skilled at sport, at technical things, is strong - is rather the better option.
    But along with the above comes responsibility, discipline, ability to contain ones wishes, vices etc. etc.

It's not easy being 'green' oops: human, whether male or female . . . and we should leave one another alone, respect one another, and only come together for the beautiful bits.
    Go well
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.