HGV 0.00% 4.0¢ hygrovest limited

After holding for over 2.5+ years, I've now sold out. I had high...

1. 401 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    After holding for over 2.5+ years, I've now sold out. I had high hopes for MMJ becoming this big pharmaceutical company that would be recognised globally for it's incredible early mover advantage and placement within the Cannabis space with a vertically integrated structure and the farm-to-pharma strategy. A lot of that changed with HVST and the effective RTO of our most prized subsidiaries for cash which we all know was way lower than true long term market value... but held on for the promise of the first ~70% stake in HVST (per 8-Dec-16 announcement), which changed to ~60% (per 30-Jan-17 announcement).

Over this time MMJ decided on a "Strategy expansion"... (10-Oct-17 announcement) and they reminded us that they will retain the 59% equity stake in Harvest One and 100% ownership of Israeli-based research and development company, PhytoTech therapeutics. The two revenue making subsidiaries got spun off, whilst the costly and non-revenue making R&D company remained with MMJ.

Now the latest news shows the stake has dropped to 34.5% which is based on "certain" convertible debentures being converted.

This paragraph from today's announcement being the current CEO's investor presentation confirms my view, in that MMJ will continue to lose complete control of the 2 subsidiaries that made MMJ such an attractive investment proposition back in 2015...

"MMJ is satisfied with the level of its investment in Harvest One and expects its shareholding to be progressively diluted as Harvest One raises capital in the future to fund growth initiatives and as various convertible instruments are exchanged for ordinary shares."

I'm done giving MMJ the benefit of the doubt and holding on in blind faith/hope. This company never cared for shareholders as was proven by the capital raises done at the lower points in the companies' share price history.

Thank you for the 50% return on investment... and maybe now the company will fly to that blue-sky territory based on an ever reducing stake in HVST, and 2 side investments to call themselves a business invested in Cannabis.

Good luck to those who hold.

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HGV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.412M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.0¢ 4.1¢ 3.9¢ $17.23K 430.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 76500 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.5¢ 60000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.39pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HGV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.