GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Has A New Gold Bull Market Begun?, page-140

1. 11,400 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 565
    I have to disagree 64 but not because I think you're wrong, you're entirely correct however they are one in the same... and I'll pose the thought experiment on why that is.

1. if you were great at timing entries you could sell at any price and be in profit

2. if you were great at timing exists you could always pick the point of maximal profit

Both of these skills are the same, it just depends on your personality and how honest you are with yourself to how you will succeed concentrating on one or the other.

When I first started I always had an issue with finding a good stock and thinking I had missed the boat, leading to over-paying for my entries. What I found was, even though it didn't cost me huge amounts of money, my profit to entry ratio was horrible and in the grand scheme of all the neutral or small loss trades over a 3-4 year period I pretty much made no money from trading. I was lucky in the sense it was no my day job and I generally enjoyed it or I probably would of stopped.

So whenever I consider trade entry/exit I value entries more. I learned to sit back and put a lot more emphasis on the TA, to let the trade come to me rather than chasing.. and it made a phenomenal difference.

However I also know people on here who are great at picking entries, over and over again they consistently pick great entry points in stocks but make only a meagre profit for many different reasons. Whether they are not letting the trade run, or over-promising their capital or diversifying too much or too little or not cutting losses when required.. I don't know but those people should look more at their exit strategy.

A bit more long winded than I'd hoped but I feel it expresses the conundrum of trading in that even the 'rules' are not really rules, just helpful aides on your own journey.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.