I think the option you took was smart. I bought one of the top...

1. 28,486 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 423
    I think the option you took was smart. I bought one of the top line vacuums, sadly. I have watched males using screw drivers and butter knives, etc to force open some of the components and proudly revealing the dirt which has entered areas like the motor housing etc. I have cleaned everything I can do, but I don't have a blower, other than a hair dryer. I am suspicious that the problem could be in the filter and that it probably needs to be washed on every use or every second use, so have found a filter on e-bay from a seller with a 100% approval rate for the past 5 years. So ordered it. Will see how I go.

Thanks for your help. I will try that blower act although I suspect there is barely a sport of dust anywhere which can be reached. The filter is houses in a way which is inpenetrable other than the finest of dust which may have built up inside the casing. Just to put one of these under the cold water tap is supposed to clean it. But too many people are buying new filters according to the internet sites discussing my model, to believe that it is possible to clean them efficiently that way. The previous models had filters which could be bent and squeezed where this purple casing is made of rigid material.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.