has benny finally blown it, page-8

1. 875 Posts.
    This really is a very sad story & situation. There is no doubt Ben Cousins is one of the most talented AFL footballers around.
    The community sets standards for talented footballers as if they are talented human beings in all aspects of life..... and clearly their on-field talent is no determinant of their off-field life skills.
    These young people get extraodinary sums of money but may not have the education, skills, or mentoring to help them cope with their non-football life.
    From my read of things it is likely this guy has serious drug related problems compounded by hanging with some very undesirables, bad behavioural issues and a relationship breakup.
    Don't matter how well you can read play, scout a pack or break away with multiple possessions you gotta be able to live a life off the paddock.
    The AFL world might be the poorer for Bennie Cousins not being in the Weagles colours atm but spare a thought for the dude and those decent people close to him. The house of cards, as mighty as it has been, has now crashed down around him.
    Sad, very sad!
    I'm a Lions supporter but I wish him well.
    I can be envious of the huge money people like this earn and the so-called fame & glory but hopefully for all of us life is a lot more than a few glory seasons living in a goldfish bowl.
    I might not like or condone what Bennie is about atm but I have to wish him well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.