GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

Greetings posters,To say bernanke has saved us is ridiculous. Im...

1. 528 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 31
    Greetings posters,

To say bernanke has saved us is ridiculous. Im sure if we come out of this mess he will take the credit but that is very misplaced. From my own thoughts which may be wrong. We have come out of all recessions with and without governemnt intervention. Most noticably I read there was a bad one around 1919, the governemnt of the time refused to help out the banks and looked after taxpayers money. Many businesses failed especially banks it was a bad time but it was over in around 18 months, the system was cleansed, and resources were used more wisely, the market corrected the excesses. Then in 1929 we had another recession however this time they refused to let the banks fail and the government became involved in everything, which of course then turned into the great depression.

Today we have a recession a very bad one if left to market forces would be painful but would get rid of the excesses and we could then move on and rebuild in maybe 2 years (guessing). The goverment intervening is making it much worse IMHO and the scariest thing for me is they claim the problem with the depression was government didnt do enough so they are making sure they do everthing bigger. If the problem was government intervention and they are doing it bigger this time then it would stand to reason they will create another depression (maybe worse). Eventually we will come out of this I mean it took some 10 years and a world war to come out of the last one. When we do come out of this I certainly will not be giving credit to those who prolong it and make it worse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.