WES 0.65% $71.38 wesfarmers limited

has david errington gone awol?, page-5

1. 486 Posts.
    BUT WAIT !! As they say in America, "shut my mouth!"

Just when I thought Errington was among the missing, under today's headline in The West Australian "EXPERTS EATING CROW OVER COLES REBOUND," Errington was BACK, justifying his "UNDERPERFORM" rating and $26 price target:

========================================================================================

"Most analysts also upgraded their full-year earnings estimates for the conglomerate, albeit grudgingly.

Merrill Lynch's David Errington, a long-time critic of the Wesfarmers business model, admitted he was flabbergasted by the surprisingy strong results from Kmart and Target.

'We find it difficult to understand how Kmart delivered such a remarkable profit performance. We rang just about every industry contact we have...and they are equally nonplussed by the results as we are.'

Mr Errington underestimated Wesfarmers' interim net profit of $879 million...by $130 million.

And while he praised Kmart management for its ability to produce a 6.9% earnings margin--higher than the best margin ever produced at the Woolworths-owned Big W--he insisted it was unsustainable in the long term and maintained his underperform rating on Wesfarmers' shares.

With the exception of two short-term upgrades to neutral, he has rated Wesfarmers 'underperform' since July 2006, a year before the stock hit a record high of $41.985."

==========================================================================================

Damn, don't you hate facts? They have such a NASTY way of trashing your theories! I guess that doesn't apply if you're David Errington, you just ignore them and trumpet your views louder...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WES (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$71.38
Change
0.460(0.65%)
Mkt cap ! $80.95B
Open High Low Value Volume
$71.33 $71.67 $71.12 $56.69M 794.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 154 $71.31

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$71.39 6616 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 29/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WES (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.